T.C. TERAPIA S.C. was established in 1921 as a small laboratory. Today TARAPIA became a trade mark recording constant growth and profitability.

TERAPIA S.C. became a Stock Company in 1991.
49% of the capital was mass privatized, the rest of 51% being purchased by the PAS Employee Association together with ROMFERCHIM Ltd. from the State Property Fond.